Professional License Defense
One of the hallmarks of belonging to a profession involves being held to a high standard of ethics and professionalism. A momentary lapse in judgment or even a seemingly insignificant action can result in an arrest or conviction for a crime and can sometimes cause agencies to call into question a person’s fitness and character to practice as a member of one’s chosen profession. In addition to providing strong, effective criminal defense in state and federal courts throughout Florida, the Tampa professional license defense lawyers at the Tison Law Group also represent teachers, nurses, accountants, insurance agents, doctors and other professionals in disciplinary proceedings where they may face suspension or loss of their professional license.
Representing Professionals in Licensing and Disciplinary Proceedings Throughout Florida
There are many often insignificant actions that can cause a disciplinary proceeding to be initiated against a person’s license. Whether it is a comment or action that is misinterpreted or something more serious like an accusation of wrongdoing or an arrest, it is important that you are properly represented at every stage of the proceedings.
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) licenses and regulates over two dozen different professions, and its Division of Professions oversees the licensing of nearly 400,000 professionals in the State of Florida. Our practice includes the defense of professionals and licensed individuals across a wide variety of industries, fields and occupations, including:
- Architects – Representation before the DBPR Board of Architecture and Interior Design, which reviews disciplinary cases and conducts informal hearings relating to licensure and discipline;
- Certified Public Accountants – Representation before the DBPR Division of Certified Public Accounting and the Florida Board of Accountancy;
- Engineers – Representation before the Florida Board of Professional Engineers and Florida Engineers Management Corporation;
- Real Estate Agents and Brokers – Representation before the DBPR Division of Real Estate, Florida Real Estate Commission, and Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board;
- Doctors – Representation before the Florida Board of Medicine, as well as the Boards of Nursing, of Dentistry, Pharmacy and Optometry covering all manner of healthcare professionals;
- Teachers – Representation before the Department of Education and the local School Board; and
- Nurses– Representation before the Florida Board of Nursing.
Tampa Professional License Defense Lawyers Protecting Your Liberty, Your Life and Your Livelihood
A criminal accusation can have repercussions which ripple throughout every aspect of your life, not the least of which concerns your professional livelihood. Don’t give up everything you have worked so hard to achieve without a fight. If you are facing disciplinary proceedings in any profession that requires you to be licensed by the State of Florida, including the suspension or revocation of your professional license, contact the Tison Law Group in Tampa to speak with compassionate, experienced Tampa license defense lawyers who can help you protect your license, career and future in an administrate hearing.