The dedicated Tampa criminal defense lawyers at Tison Law Group handle many different types of criminal defense matters. We regularly assist people accused in state and federal court of all criminal defense issues. No matter the level of severity of the crime, we can help to prepare your defense. The types of cases we routinely handle include but are not limited to:
- DUI offenses: when you have been charged with a DUI, you can face substantial repercussions at your place of employment, as well as jail time, fines, and the revocation of your driver’s license. If convicted, you can face penalties that include up to 9 months of jail time, required DUI school attendance, up to 50 hours of community service, fines of up to $500, up to 1 year of probation, and other penalties.
- Drug crimes: narcotics investigations continue to take place across the state of Florida and throughout the country, and being convicted of a serious drug crime can result in significant financial fines and jail time. Whether you’ve been arrested for possession of marijuana in small amounts or trafficking in a controlled substance like marijuana or cocaine, we can help.
- Sex crimes: the advent of new Internet technologies have made it easier for sexual predators to engage in crimes like solicitation and possession or distribution of child pornography, but many defendants are unjustly accused. Many defenses exist to sex crimes, and our office can assist with your case.
- Theft crimes: depending on the amount of property you’ve been accused of stealing, you can be facing penalties for either a misdemeanor or a felony offense. Even nonviolent crimes such as shoplifting or petit theft can result in a long jail sentence.
- Assault and violent crimes: being arrested for a violent crime can mean you’re facing a wide range of penalties from a second degree misdemeanor offense all the way up to a first degree felony offense. Many defenses exist to violent crimes, including self-defense claims and justifiable homicide. These laws are complicated, however, and it’s important to discuss your options with a Tampa criminal defense lawyer.
- Representation of professionals: learning that you’ve been accused of an ethical or professional violation can come as a shock. When careers are at stake, many professionals such as CPAs, real estate agents, lawyers, doctors, and teachers require the help of a Florida defense lawyer.
- Defense of college students: as fraternity accidents continue to make news reports across the state of Florida, many college students face criminal charges for crimes related to assault, DUI, and sex crimes. We can help to ensure that your college student has the best defense for his or her situation.
Wrongly Accused Clients and the Value of a Tampa Criminal Defense Lawyer
Florida residents who have been accused of crimes deserve to be represented by compassionate and skilled defense lawyers. Facing any criminal offense or investigation can have potentially life-changing consequences. You already know that a criminal conviction can mean jail time, heavy fines, and damage to your reputation. At the same time, however, the ramifications of even a simple accusation such as shoplifting can go far beyond that. If not handled properly, criminal convictions and even mere accusations can result in:
- The loss of your job;
- Negative effects on any professional license; and
- Significant stress and embarrassment for you and your family.
Additionally, if you are not a United States citizen, even if you are here lawfully, a seemingly insignificant offense can have severe immigration consequences. Indeed, a criminal charge can lead to your deportation in certain circumstances. The Tampa criminal lawyers at the Tison Law Group work to shield you from the adverse effects of an arrest or conviction, and we strive to achieve the best outcome possible in your particular situation.
Fighting for Your Rights Every Step of the Way
As a person accused of a crime, you have certain rights guaranteed to you by the U.S. Constitution, including the right to be represented at every stage of a criminal proceeding. However, having those rights guaranteed and invoking them properly to protect yourself from criminal liability are two very different things.
The Tampa criminal defense lawyers at the Tison Law Group are with you every step of the way and pride themselves on putting a protective barrier between you and overly aggressive prosecutors and law enforcement. In these cases, we can step in and influence how an arrest is made, the types of charged filed, and in some cases we can prevent charges from ever being filed at all.
Invoke Your Rights and Contact a Tampa Criminal Lawyer
By invoking your right to counsel and contacting the Tison Law Group you immediately send a strong message to police that you are not going to be bullied.
If you are arrested, our lawyers will work to secure your release. We will be sure to fight to protect your right to have a reasonable bond amount set, or even to have you released on your own recognizance with no monetary bond at all while we prepare and present a strong defense for your case.
Aggressive, Compassionate, and Zealous Criminal Defense Lawyers in Tampa Bay
The Tampa criminal lawyers at the Tison Law Group have over 50 years of combined experience. We will apply all of our skill, knowledge, and dedication toward getting you the best outcome possible. Our criminal lawyers treat every client with dignity, respect, and compassion. Our team handles each case with zealous tenacity. If you have been arrested and charged with a crime in the Tampa area, contact Tison Law Group for a free consultation with an experienced and effective criminal defense lawyer.